Boetie is a director of Aquismart and has 33 years financial experience, ranging from auditing to financial management, of which 23 years were in the mining industry.
Boetie started his career in the audit profession and completed his articles in 1984. In 1988 he joined the mining industry and during this time he has been involved in numerous value adding projects.
- Turnaround – he has played an integral role in some of the most significant turnaround projects in the South African mining industry over the past two decades.
- Mining process improvement project – spend a year a project where the underground mining processes were investigated and improvements were recommended to management.
- Due diligences – involved in numerous due diligence for the companies that he worked for.
- Loan raising – Involved in capital/loan raising in London for a South African Mining company
- Management accounting system development – part of the development team for the management accounting and financial systems for a major gold mining company.
- Services improvement project – leader of the project for a leading gold mining company
- Shared services – introduction of shared services for a leading gold mining company
Boetie worked himself up from assistant accountant to an executive at Harmony Gold Mining Company. During his mining career he specialised in take-overs and mergers and was transferred to new operations to help them convert to the new company requirements. This involved:
- People restructuring
- Cost restructuring
- Management control
- Systems implementations
- Introduction of policies and procedures
- Change management
After joining Aquismart, Boetie has been involved in numerous projects for clients of the company which included turnarounds, due diligences, valuations, incentive schemes, business planning, operational restructuring, system implementations and information management.